"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
qotd
Today Maddie started to put a brush up to her ear while saying something like the doctor puts medicine in her ears. I thought I would use this incident as a learning opportunity and talk with Maddie about how we NEVER put ANYTHING in our ears. Trying to impress upon her the seriousness of this, I told her that she could hurt her ears and then she wouldn't be able to hear anything--like Mommy, Daddy, music, movies. I had barely finished my sentence when she wiggled her fingers and responded in a 'well of course!' way, "Then I would just talk with my fingers like our neighbor!" (We have a deaf neighbor.) I had to smile--I had obviously failed and didn't know what to say but finished with something lame like it still isn't good to put things in your ears. I guess I'll have to figure out a different strategy for teaching that principle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment