Friday, September 21, 2007

K-wub news flash

K-wub (as Maddie says), went to see the doctor yesterday. His least favorite parts of his visits are when the doctor looks in his ears and when the nurse takes his temperature (in the ear also). I found out he also hates bandaids! Caleb got his first shot and gave just a wimper UNTIL the nurse went to put on the bandaid. Something about the bandaid made him flip out! He tore the bandaid off 4 times within seconds and was screaming hysterically by time the nurse gave him the second shot. It was not our best doctors visit.

Caleb had a bit of a growth spurt. He is 32 3/4 inches tall, which is in the 90th percentile! He's been on the tall side all along. I'm curious to see how long this lasts. K-bobe weighs in at 25lbs 7oz. which is still between 50-75th percentiles. Caleb's head is 50th percentile, again that's consistent since birth. What I can't understand is that technically he is 'on the thinner side,' but if you've seen this boy's legs lately, he is anything but skinny! He's got some stocky chunk on him. I think that's funny. :)

We're grateful for a healthy, growing boy!

As far as words go, Caleb has really sped up in his talking, with a vocabulary of over 40 words plus some phrases and sentences. He started talking later than Maddie, but lately he seems to all of a sudden be talking a lot. I got curious, so I pulled out Maddie's 2006 calendar, and checked out what she was doing at 15mos. Maddie hadn't yet said a phrase or sentence. However, Maddie's words were mostly useful--bottle, food, more, juice, quack-quack (her favorite toy), etc. Most of Caleb's words are un-useful--clock, shoes, outside. I'm having fun watching how they grow and develop differently. There are some similarities, but they are also two different kids!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So cute, Hey check it out .... I posted the recipes! :)