Friday, August 24, 2007

wallets & pocket watches

This morning around lunchtime Braden appeared at our house unexpectedly. It turned out he had left his wallet at home, so he came home to get it and eat a quick lunch with us, too. A nice treat!

Leaving his wallet behind evidently stuck with Maddie, because this afternoon Maddie was playing in the study while I was at the computer, and she said, "Bye bye, I'm going to work. See you later!" "Bye, Maddie. Have a good day!" Off she went, closing the study door behind her. A moment later she reappeared, "I lost my wallet...I need my wallet...Oh, there's my wallet," reaching for her pink cup that contained her bracelet at that moment. Off she went again. A moment later she reappeared, "Mommy, this is my bracelet now. I need a wallet." I handed her a tiny pad of paper. Off she went again. A moment later she reappeared, "Mommy, I need my pocket watch." A pocket watch?! I don't even know where she ever heard of a pocket watch! I guess in one of her books.

No comments: