Friday, August 24, 2007

maddie art

Here's a new painting from Maddie. As usual it was "I just painting." But I like to call it 'Sunrise Over Maui.' :)


There's a funny story to go with this painting. I cropped Maddie's painting, put it in a mat I had, and set it in my cookbook holder on the kitchen counter to display it. When Braden came home from work, I said, "Hey, look at this. I matted Maddie's painting. I like to call it 'Sunrise Over Maui.' What do you think?" Well, the 'matted' and 'Maddie' ran together and Braden heard "I matted a painting," thinking it was something I'd done. The kind husband that I have responded with, "Look at you, abstract artist!" We laughed about it.

That reminds me of a true story from an 'Uncle John' reader, which are books of humorous and interesting facts. A world famous art display in London (can't recall the name) once showed a piece that they highly praised. It turned out it was painted by a 3 year old child and sent in as a joke by her mother!

No comments: