The first time there I had happened to meet the owner Bill Jardine and we had a long conversation. Now a week later, we were there for about the 4th time, and I saw Bill and asked him a few questions about the area--you know, is something worth going to see or not.
He asked if we had a boat, and I said no but my husband was going to try to rent one for the last week.
He said not to bother because he had a rowboat he would lend us and he'd bring it over later in the afternoon. I was so excited because I knew Braden would love it and so would the kids.
How kind of that man! He didn't know us from anyone, except he'd seen us every few days when my mom and I came to pick up more groceries.
So later in the afternoon Bill showed up with the rowboat and also a minnow catcher he said the kids would have a lot of fun with. They did. Braden did too--he used it to catch bait fish.
Maddie and Caleb LOVED that boat!
We'd throw down anchor in shallow water and let them "row" and they had a blast.
Caleb would go jumping off the boat, "Ahhhh!" in pretend storms, and all kinds of goofy adventures.They took Maisie and me on an adventure one day. It was hilarious how much fun they had with the boat.
Braden and Garrick also took them out "far" in the boat, and one night Braden took them out fishing in it.
The boat added a lot of fun to our second week on the bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment