Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Maisie's favorite words

I wanted to write down Maisie's favorite words right now because they are so a part of who she is.

Hi-ho
Maisie's favorite song is 'Heigh-ho' from Snow White.  When she sees ipods, she says, "Hi-ho."  But somehow it's gone beyond just the song.  She'll be walking along and blurt out "Hi-ho!" or she'll be in her highchair babbling or getting her diaper changed, and "Hi-ho!" Or she will greet you randomly during the day with, "Hi!" and you'll say, "Hi, Maisie!" and she'll add, "Hi. Hi-ho!" 

Moh-nee
Maisie LOVES to greet!  When she gets up in the morning and is let out of her crib, she greets everyone by name--even walks around finding everyone so she can say "Moh-nee!"  But we all get greeted at all times of the day, too.  When she wakes up from her nap, "Moh-nee, Mommy." When Daddy comes home from work sometimes, "Moh-nee, Daddy. Moh nee."  And sometimes, just randomly as she pitter-pats by, "Mommy? Moh-nee!"

Nee
Please. Maisie is getting better about saying please instead of just yelling for what she wants.  When she yells, I tell her, "Maisie, say 'please.'"  And when she's compliant, she will glance down, tuck her chin toward her chest, look back up at me and say, "Nee."

Dee-dee
Videos on the ipad or iphone.  She loves the song and video "Moon Moon Moon" by Laurie Berkner. Every since I showed her the moon one night (when we were coming home late and it was big, round and glowy), she's been talking about the moon.   

Moo, moo
Moon.  Maisie loves the song and dee-dee "Moon Moon Moon" by Laurie Berkner. Every since I showed her the moon one night (when we were coming home late and it was big, round and glowy), she's been talking about the moon. She finds the moon in her books.  And sometimes she will just say, "Moo, moo." And so I'll sing it to her, and she sings along with a few of the words.  The other day, she was eating her lunch and pointing at the lights, and added, "moo, moo."  I said, "Moo moo?  what do you mean?" (Forgetting.)  Maisie pointed up at the ceiling and looked at me like Mommy what do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about and said, "Moo, moo ina guy."  (Moon moon in the sky.)  Quite a sentence for a 19 month old! 

Ligh ah, ligh ov
Maisie is always commenting on lights.  She points to a light that's on, "Ligh ah?" Yes, Maisie the light is on. "Ligh ah." Or she's telling you, "Ligh ov.  Mommy, ligh ov."

Ohwee
Oranges. I ordered some fabulous satsuma mandarins from this farm in CA that I like to order each November/December.  To say Maisie loves them is an understatement. I think she would eat them all day long.  She asks for them...a lot.  "Ohwee?" And when I say yes, it's "Ohwee! Ohwee!"

No comments: