Duke still has his restless/mildly fussy time in the evening, generally between 6-8pm, but sometimes a little later. He just needs to be held and sometimes rocked and he's okay. Then sometime around 8/9/10, he relaxes and drifts off to sleep. He is sleeping 6 hours straight, generally down at 9/10pm and waking up around 3 or 4am and then sleeps another 3 hours. It's nice to have a rhythm to our nights, and of course it's nice for me to be sleeping better again. He's also starting to extend his naps from 45min to 1.5 hours, and Duke is starting to put himself to sleep, normally sucking on his hand. He doesn't really like his passy. His fussy time at night is generally the only time he takes the passy. He might be our first to not have a passy.
Duke is our spit-up champ. I pulled out all the burpcloths and drool bibs from Caleb, and it quickly became clear that wasn't enough. So I pulled out all the girl burpcloths and drool bibs from the girls, and that still wasn't enough. So I bought a dozen more burpcloths and drool bibs. Now Dukey doesn't have to wear girly bibs any more, but you'll still catch me using pink burpcloths! And Duke and I normally change clothes once or twice a day...which brings me to the laundry. Oh the laundry!! How is it that one baby creates so much more laundry?
Duke is a strong little baby. He loves to stand in my lap and jump. And sometimes when he's standing he pushes off my chest with his hands as well. He's going to love playing in his saucer soon!
Duke's favorite things: snuggling on my shoulder while being patted on the back, being rocked in the rocking chair, being swaddled to sleep (how I wish I'd had these swaddling cloths with my last 3 kids--they are the best!), laying on the changing table of the pack-n-play and staring at the mobile, and eating every 2 hours or so.
Duke's stats: weight--11lbs 13oz (50th%), height--23.25 in. (50-75th%), head--39.5cm (25-50th%).
1 comment:
I have a full size and travel size swing if you want to try either of them for his evening fussy time!
Post a Comment