Wednesday, March 7, 2012

pregnancy

It's amazing to me how each baby can feel so different inside.  Maddie was the constant wiggly mover.  Never really kicked me, but she was always moving inside.  Little hands, little feet, wiggle wiggle.  She kept me up so many nights just fidgeting inside.  Caleb didn't move much at all compared to Maddie. He moved intentionally here and there and favored a particular position.  He'd move to get comfortable and then stop.  This little kid moves somewhere in between Maddie and Caleb--more than Caleb, less than Maddie.  And he/she's a kicker already. Flips and flops and kicks.  He's already kicked me twice in the lungs.  I hope that's not a sign of things to come! 

Also, a funny thing to note.  With Maddie, I literally had a belly start 2 days after I found out I was pregnant. I was convinced I was imagining it and it would go away because you don't show 'til like 5 months with your first, right?  No.  I was in maternity clothes at 10 weeks.  With Caleb, I didn't need maternity clothes until 14/15 weeks.  With this one, I didn't need maternity clothes until 17/18 weeks.  What's up with that? 

Weight gain comparisons:
20 weeks with Maddie: 25 pounds (I was freaking out!)
20 weeks with Caleb: 10 pounds
20 weeks with Baby4: 13 pounds

Despite the difference in weight gain at 20 weeks with M & C, I gained a full 40lbs with both.  I'm expecting to do the same with this one.  The good news has been that about 25-30 comes off with the baby's birth--whew!  I'm banking on that this time around.  :)

No comments: