Tuesday, March 20, 2012

baby #4

I finally got my sonogram done...a few weeks late due to some sickness making its way through our family.  It was really neat to see this little baby moving all around...10 little fingers, 10 little toes. Everything looked great on the sonogram!  It's funny what you remember sometimes.  When I was getting the sono I remembered that Maddie was moving all around during her whole sonogram. Caleb seemed bothered by the sonogram wand and kept kicking and trying to move away from it.  This little one didn't seem to care one way or another.

Facial profile.

Because I was 24 weeks, the images were more distinct than in the past. I think Maddie's and Caleb's sonos were done a little earlier around 18-20 weeks, and 4 weeks or so can make a big difference in a developing baby.  It was so easy to recognize what we were looking at during the sonogram. Based on how clear the images I saw were I was a little disappointed that the pictures are as blurry as they are.  But it's still fun to see these first peeks at Baby4.
 
A little arm and hand plus 2 little knees.

This baby had the cutest, clearest little button nose and kept opening his/her mouth. The tech said, "Oh what a chubby baby!" and estimated his/her weight at 1.5lbs. 

Baby was curled up with his/her legs crossed.

We of course did not find out the gender...we can't wait to be surprised in July!  The sonogram gave us a due date of July 4th (though officially it's July 7), and I think it'd be fun to have a 4th of July baby.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Maddie was 5 days early and Caleb was 4 days late. Who knows about this one?

No comments: