No, we weren't planning on this Addition, but God had a different plan than ours. We would appreciate prayers for my good health, as there are some unknowns and uncertainties related to that. So far I am doing well.
We anticipate Baby's arrival around July 8th, and we look forward to meeting the Little Fella/Girlie! And, no, don't expect to hear whether it's a boy or a girl until July. We like to be surprised. :) Though the kids have assumed it's a boy, because after we had Maisie for a week they asked if the next baby could be a boy since they now had a sister. I must say I'm also leaning toward boy as this pregnancy is resembling Caleb's and not Maddie's, but of course that's no guarantee.
In the meantime, poor Caleb is quite a bit confused. He said to me,
"Mommy, this time when you fly to get the baby, can we come with you?"
I said, "But, Caleb, we don't have to fly to get this baby, this baby is in my tummy. Mommy and Daddy will go to the hospital, and I will have the baby there, and then we'll bring the baby home."
"Oh. Well, when you fly to the hospital, can we come too?"
"Caleb, we're not going to fly to the hospital. There is a hospital just down the street a few minutes away."
"There is?!"
"Yes! You'll get to come to the hospital and see the baby there."
"Really?! Oh, okay."
I thought he got it...but then a few minutes later I heard him playing with Maisie and singing to her about when she was tiny and in my tummy. Oh well. He'll eventually figure it all out, and frankly, I'm glad that he simply views Maisie as his sister just like he views this new baby as his brother or sister.

3 comments:
Christy, this is so exciting! You and Braden will be in our prayers!!!
~Jonathan and Mindy
Congratulations, guys. Thrilled for you, and praying.
Praying for you and the little one!
Post a Comment