Monday, September 20, 2010

maddie's rocking chair

A couple of years ago I found this pale pink rocking chair at an antique store and bought it for Madeleine...only it was plain pale pink then. She loves it and has had it in her room since then.
About a year later, I was noticing all the cute spindles and had the idea to paint the rocking chair with a McKenzie-Childs flair to it, but just keep it a bit less busy. Of course it took me a good year until I actually followed through with my idea. And what pushed me to finally make the time to paint this chair for Maddie was the fact that I picked up a $5 rocking chair for Caleb at a thrift store that needs to be redone! Now one rocking chair that needs to be painted is plenty--I don't need TWO hanging over my head! So I took an afternoon and went to town painting. To keep my sanity, I didn't worry about the edges being clean or I knew I would drive myself crazy and it would take me weeks to finish. I just painted and kept on going despite the rough edges. (And of course Maddie hasn't noticed.) She loves her newly painted rocking chair! It was fun to do a painting project (so few and far between these days!) and it was fun to bless my Maddie with a girly rocking chair makeover.

(Just relaxin'.)

No comments: