Monday, August 3, 2009

maddie's first musical

So, Madeleine participated in her first musical.I think we found something right up her alley.
She attended music camp for the past 2 weeks. The music camp culminated in an hour-ish long musical production of Noah and the Flood. Maddie was in the 'little kids' class (k-2), and they participated by being animals. Maddie kept telling everyone: "Look for an elephant with yellow ears, that's me! I colored them yellow!" Sadly at some point during the musical, her mask tore and she became a one-eared elephant. And here are the now mask-less animals coming off the ark.
Maddie's class also participated by singing the final song.And boy, did Maddie ever sing.Maddie had our family laughing so hard.
Maddie had every row behind us laughing so hard.
Maddie made me famous.Afterward, people I don't even know stopped us repeatedly:
"She had us laughing so hard!"
"You just sang your little heart out, didn't you? You were wonderful, sweetie!"
And friends too:
"Okay, so she was like my FAVORITE part of the entire show! Seriously, my favorite part."
And quite a few of the parents of former students of mine who don't know my kids spotted us:
"OH! She's YOURS?! She was hilarious!"
"Nooo. SHE isn't yours, is she?!"
"That's YOUR girl! Oh, I didn't know that! Boy was she fun to watch!"

Obviously, they know me. Who'd ever guess she's mine?We're trying to get our hands on some video, and if we get it, I'll post it. As I told all the family...at least it was worth their effort to come! You never know with kiddie events, but Maddie certainly did not disappoint.

2 comments:

lizziewhan said...

what a ham!! emily had her first choir concert in May and she was the complete opposite..she barely opened her mouth AND scratched her face the entire time!

Shawny said...

it is times like these that i hate living so far away! oh to have seen this! dad said he was crying! get that video!!!