Saturday, July 14, 2007

what's new with caleb?

Well, among other things, he woke up this morning with some amazing bedhead!



Caleb can now point to his nose, head, belly, and we're working on ears. However, he only does it when he is "in the mood"--not necessarily on demand.



Yesterday I learned that Caleb likes coffee. I'm surprised, but really I shouldn't be seeing as Braden--Mr. Home Roaster and Coffee Connoisseur--is his father. Braden made me one of his yummy iced lattes. Caleb saw that I was drinking and as usual wanted a sip. I said, "Okay, Buddy, but I don't think you're going to like it," (no sugar). Well, I was wrong, he drank about 6 or 7 sips before he was done. Don't worry--I only drink decaf! :)


This is Buddy's little curl at the back of his neck.


One of Caleb's latest things to do is crawl around with toys in his mouth like this...


If he doesn't have a toy in his mouth these days, then he's got something in his mouth that he's picked up off the floor. Despite my best efforts to keep the floors clean, he manages to find little things to eat. The other day he chewed on a tiny leaf from one of our boxwood bushes that somehow had been tracked into the house--yes, according to poison control they are poisonous. This is Caleb's "I've got something in my mouth and I don't want you to get it" face.


But the biggest Caleb-news by far is that he knows his first letter! Yes, he really does--the letter 'O'. Tuesday we were at my parents' house for dinner. My mom was holding Caleb and feeding him Trader Joe's cheerios. She began to tell him that cheerios are 'O's and she showed him the big red 'O' on the box. Well then she asked him to show her the 'O' and he did! Then Caleb showed her all the 'O's all over the box. On Friday I tried again, and right away he showed me the 'O' again--and all the other 'O's. This morning, he saw my bible and there is a circular logo on the front. He pointed to it and babbled on to me. I said, "That's right, that's an 'O'." Then I asked him to show me the other 'O', which was in the word 'holy'--and my little buddy did!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a CUTE little guy!!

Jenn said...

What a smart boy! He is getting so big Christy!!