So, here we are in limbo, in the midst of a move...and it's gotten CRAZY!!!
Last Tuesday I packed for our 5-day trip. I decided to finish up after the babies were in bed. I figured I'd put them down at 7pm and have until 10pm to finish up the packing and then I'd head to bed at a decent hour. Right? Wrong.
Maisie and Duke decided to not go to sleep. I literally went back and forth between the two of them from 7-10pm, at which point Duke FINALLY went to sleep. Maisie finally went to sleep at 11:30. 11:30! I went to sleep too...only to be awoken by Maisie at 1:44am and kept awake by her until 5am. We both finally slept until 7:30am at which point I got up and scrambled to finish all the packing. We made it out of the house only an hour late...not too shabby considering.
And so we left late Wednesday morning for NC to see Shawn and the cousins. We stayed there that night and left first thing in the morning for SC and arrived just in time to meet our builder's GM and my parents' realtor at our new property for our appointment to check on lot/clearing trees/pre-building details.
We stayed with David & Martha once again Thursday night. Coincidentally my parents were there for just Thursday night as well because they were signing paperwork for the closing on their new house. Martha invited the Davises and Chris & Carla and another couple (who are church shopping)—everyone for dinner. It was fun to be all together for the first time...a new little church forming.
Friday morning Braden met with James again for several hours, just to touch base and talk some more. Then we were off to a church retreat with the Greenville church, who is also supporting us, from Friday evening until Sunday morning.
We had our home inspection for the sale while we were gone.
Duke was the star everywhere we went because of his cast and his cute smile and personality. He loves people, loves to smile, loves to talk to people (most of the time). Hobbling around with a leg cast only made him cuter.
Sunday morning we left to come home. We had a little excitement when Duke threw up all over himself about half way home. Fortunately it seemed to be a fluke and he was fine the rest of the way home. Praise God!!
Monday morning was the first day of Summer Celebration for Maddie and Caleb, and Braden went along because he was involved for part of it.
Tuesday (today) was once again SC for M&C, we had our current home's appraisal, and Maisie and Duke and I went to say goodbye to Nonna & FaFa. The truck was there, and their house half empty. Reality is sinking in.
Currently Duke is with Braden at his ortho appointment to get his cast off—yippee!
Tomorrow morning, first thing before SC, Maddie gets her braces off—double yippee! Then more SC for M&C and I go to my end of the year homeschool review with the county. My last.
Thursday Braden is teaching at SC so we'll all go to see him. It's always a lot of fun and he normally does something pretty hilarious or crazy. I hear wack-a-mole with real heads, an inflatable hammer and a surprise pie is in store (but shhhh...don't tell M&C!)
Friday we get the hitch put on our van, because we are pretty sure we'll be needing to haul a trailer behind the van when we move our stuff out...which brings me to next week.
No wait, Saturday first—Caleb turns 8! * * * * * * * * I'm baking him his personal request (and he thought long and hard on this one) of a 2-layer chocolate cake with caramel icing spread in the middle and over the whole cake with caramel sauce drizzled over top.
Somewhere in the middle of all this Braden and I will be over at our house packing here and there.
Sunday we are all going to a minor league baseball game for Caleb's bday.
Monday starts the real fun of finishing all remaining packing of everything in our house.
Tuesday brings the truck rental and moving everything from storage into the truck and removing everything from the house into the truck.
Wednesday Braden & Garrick take the truck and our van (and probably a trailer) down to SC. They'll unload some into storage if they're not too tired.
Thursday they'll unload the rest and head home.
Meanwhile I'll have cleaned our house.
Friday we'll sign whatever we can for closing on our house and give PopPop POA to settle for us on July 3...because Sunday B & I leave for Jamaica! Perfect timing if ever there was. I think we'll need that rest big time! Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment