Monday, April 29, 2013

a maisie-duke update

Maisie & Duke both saw the doc today for their 2 year and 9 mos check-ups, respectively.  The news of the day is that Maisie still has a whole pound and a half on Duke!

Maisie:
21 lbs 7 oz (just under 5th %)
31.5" tall (5th %)
head is 48cm (50-75th %)

Duke:
19 lbs 12 oz (just under 50th %)
27.25" (just under 25th%)
head is 46.5cm (75-90th %)

I'm a little surprised at his head size and wonder if the measurement is just a bit off...his head really doesn't look that big compared to the rest of his body.  Maybe it's just because he's so chubby!  :)

Duke is a cutie-patootie alright. Everywhere we go, people just love him and talk to him and about him. I think part of it is his personality--similar to Maddie at this age--if anyone smiles at him he just lights up and smiles back. He's a charmer.  We'll have to keep an eye on him!  ;)

Miss Maisie is a talker!  My goodness!  I guess it's the benefit of having older siblings.  "Can I go outsigh in a widdle bit, Mommy?"  "Can I go downstays in da basemen' and foh da lawdwy with 'oo?" And our favorite right now... "Daddy, I am having a poopie diaper wight now." That means it's either #1 or #2, and it's either coming as she speaks or about to come. Sometimes we whisk her to the bathroom and she has good success in there.  I don't think potty training is that far away. 

No comments: